Governance & Policies
Draíocht is committed to good governance and complies with all regulatory requirements
Draíocht Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Not Having A Share Capital, governed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
The main object for which the Company is established is to advance education by the owning and management of an Arts Centre in order to promote the study of the arts through the organization of exhibitions of works of art, maintaining a permanent centre where exhibitions of works of art can be held and to provide facilities for the cultural and educational advancement of the people involved.
The organisation complies with all regulatory requirements and operates in accordance with its Memorandum and Articles of Association which are available here.
Draíocht keeps detailed books and records of accounts and maintains strict financial controls. The organisation is transparent in its audited financial statements. It is compliant with the guidelines given in the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for Charities.
Our Financial Statements and Director’s Report for the year ended:
31 December 2014 are available here.
31 December 2016 are available here.
31 December 2017 are available here.
31 December 2018 are available here.
31 December 2019 are available here.
31 December 2020 are available here.
A copy of our current Tax Clearance Certificate is available here.
A copy of Draíocht's Employee Benefits Bands is available here.
A list of Members of Draíocht Ltd, is available here.
Draíocht is open, honest and transparent in its fundraising activities, the proceeds of which all go towards the operation, programming and development of the organisation.
Draíocht is currently working to confirm compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles of Good Fundraising developed by Irish Charities Tax Research Ltd (ICTR).
Draíocht has a particular commitment to the provision of high-quality arts provision for children and young people. Read Draíocht's Child Safeguarding Statement here.
Draíocht is committed to serving all of our visitors and customers in accordance with the highest standards of quality customer care.
Draíocht CLG. Registered in Ireland No. 266358
Charity No. CHY12696
VAT No. IE 8266358C
Charities Regulatory Authority Number 20037765
Without our customers Draíocht just wouldn’t exist. We are committed to the delivery of a first class quality service to all our customers and aspire to reaching as wide a customer base as possible. Our commitment to access for all to the facilities and activities of the Centre forms the backbone of all our endeavours.
Draíocht’s customer base is wide and varied from audience members to café users, board members to incoming actors, and can be summarised as follows:
audience members / incoming performers, artists, technicians & facilitators / local national & international promoters & producers / friend scheme members / seat owners / film club members / euro club members / sponsors & funders / current and past staff & board members / schools / colleges / local & national media / corporate clients / café users / suppliers.
Draíocht also works with a number of other colleagues, such as The Arts Council, Fingal County Council, The Department of Arts, Sport and Tourism, Theatre Forum and is a member of the Strollers Touring Network of venues & IMEALL Network of venues (further details are available on request).
Our customers interact with us in many ways - in person, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail and via our social media channels and website feedback forms. All users of our services are our customers and our policy is to assist them in a highly professional manner in whatever method they use to communicate with us.
The centre’s activities can be divided into the following 2 main areas:
- comprising visual arts programming of exhibitions & artist in residence;
- performance programming for the two theatre spaces;
- children & youth arts programming in Draíocht and via outreach in local schools.
- comprising box office and bar, marketing and publicity, production and room hire, finance and maintenance.
Everyone at Draíocht is committed to serving all of our visitors and customers in accordance with the highest standards of quality customer service. This Customer Charter has been put in place in order to highlight the importance of customer service and give staff a framework to measure performance against.
Across our full range of activities we undertake to:
- Ensure that our public spaces are safe, clean and accessible.
- Ensure that our equipment is full serviced and in working order ready for use.
- Offer services of value that meet the needs and expectations of all parts of the communities we serve.
- Identify and work to eliminate any barriers to access of services.
- Encourage a climate of mutual respect between us and our customers.
- Interact with all our visitors and customers courteously and informatively in a consistent and impartial manner.
- Avoid bias because of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic origin, culture, language, membership of the Traveller community, reputation or because of who they are or who they know.
- Provide prompt, accurate and detailed information on our programmes, services and facilities to visitors and customers.
- Provide immediate response to telephone enquiries and for more substantive queries respond within five working days.
- Always give a name, phone number and email address to assist customers in your dealings with the Centre
- Work to continually improve our service to the public.
We undertake to provide an accessible and fair complaints and redress system wherein complaints are given high priority and responded to within two working days (Mon-Fri 10am-6pm).
If you don’t feel satisfied with the verbal response from our staff at the time of your complaint, please email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Draíocht Marketing Dept, Draíocht, The Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin 15.
Your complaint will be dealt with swiftly (usually within 2 working days from receipt of email, Mon-Fri 10am-6pm) with the relevant Department Manager and if necessary with Draíocht’s Director.
You can read more about GDPR here: http://gdprandyou.ie/
This website is designed and co-ordinated by Draíocht to promote the work we do and keep our audiences informed about all our events. At Draíocht we respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulations, as enacted in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about your privacy. Please email email@example.com
You may also write to us or call us at Draíocht, The Blanchardstown Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Tel: 01-8852622.
Your Personal Data & GDPR Rights
In line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right to:
- Make a Subject Access Request - You have the right to access information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right of access, you must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information will be delivered within 30 days of your request, subject to proof of identity.
- To have your information updated or corrected - if you discover that any of the data that we are holding is out of date or inaccurate, please get in touch via email@example.com and we will update the information.
- To object to direct marketing - Email marketing will only ever take place if we have had consent from you for that purpose. You can unsubscribe from email marketing at any time via the links at the bottom of every email. We use the Legitimate Interests legal basis for postal marketing meaning you may receive a Season Brochure from us within 2 years of your last purchase. To opt out of postal marketing, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-8852622.
- To have your information deleted from our records - Unless there is a compelling legal basis for us to retain your data, you can ask us to delete your information. Just email email@example.com to request this.
- To restrict the processing of your information - Draíocht doesn’t use any automated decision-making but you would have the right to object to this type of decision-making or to any processing that we are carrying out on the legal basis of Legitimate Interests.
What information do we collect and on what legal basis?
At Draíocht we collect information both at our Box Office (either from you in person or over the telephone) and via our website. Sometimes we collect data in person in the course of our work with you. We will always protect your data and have security measures in place to ensure its safety.
There are three bases under which we may process your data:
When you make a purchase from us or make a donation to us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way.
With your explicit consent
For any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
When booking tickets for events at Draíocht’s Box Office, we will ask you for your name, address, email and/or phone number. You will be asked if you’d like to subscribe to our email and mailing list, if you wish. Draíocht will not use your contact details to send you promotional emails unless you have explicitly given us consent to do so.
You can also purchase tickets anonymously and not reveal any information about yourself. This must be done in person at Box Office so that our team can physically hand you the tickets upon purchase. It is, however, best practice to at least provide a phone number so we can contact you in the event of cancellation of a show, or a name for the tickets so that they can be re-printed if you misplace them.
If you are purchasing tickets online the minimum personal information required is your name and payment details so that tickets can be assigned to you upon purchase.
You can find out more about Cookies here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
Types of Data We Collect
When you purchase tickets, gift vouchers, make a donation or buy a membership through our Box Office at Draíocht, your name, email, phone number and address data will be stored by our ticketing partner, Ticketsolve. If you purchase via credit/debit card your information is processed via Realex (Global Payments) (phone or online) or AIB merchant services (in-person sales). Credit card details are not stored or accessible to Draíocht once processed.
When you sign up for Draíocht’s promotional text message service, data is shared with our service provider SendMode. We send a maximum of one promotional text each month. You can unsubscribe at any time from our SMS Service by texting STOP to 51444.
When you book tickets online, data is shared between Realex (Global Payments) and Ticketsolve (ticketing platform) in order to process the transaction. Where customers have opted to provide their details for promotional emails, data will be shared with Mailchimp (our email partner). We use a mailing company, Sooner Than Later, to process bulk mailings by post. You will not receive marketing emails from us unless you have given your consent by opting in.You may opt out of receiving our emails at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the end of any of our emails.
You may opt out of receiving postal mailings from us at any time by calling our Box Office on 01-8852622 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please see our partner privacy notices below. All partners acting as data processors on behalf of Draíocht have implemented appropriate technological measures to protect against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure.
Realex (Global Payments) Privacy Statement
Photographs & Videos
Education events & Gallery Launches may from time to time be photographed and filmed in Draíocht for funding, documentation and promotion purposes.
We respect your privacy and will always ask you first if it’s ok that we film/photograph you and the children with you. Please do let us know at the time if you don’t want to be filmed/photographed and we will give you some identifying bands to alert our filmmakers/photographers.
We will always seek written consent from you and from parents/guardians of all children under 18 years of age. Our aim is to be discreet in our recording of events so as not to disturb your enjoyment. We will also take care not to photograph identifying personal information like school crests, name badges or disclose personal data like ages or living locations etc.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways
- To process transactions - for the express purpose of delivering the purchased tickets, products or services requested, contacting you as necessary about your order.
- To personalize your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send marketing emails – provided you give us your consent, the email address you provide us may be used to send you information and updates.
- To improve our website - we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive.
Legal Basis for Processing your Data
- We may communicate with you on a contract legal basis (for example if you book tickets to a show and the show is cancelled we will contact you to let you know this even if you have not opted in for email or mailing communications).
- Email marketing communication will be done under Consent with clear opt-in's in place
- For Season Brochures and mailings, we use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post based on ticket sales for the previous 18 months-2 years.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail marketing communications, you will receive the following:
- The emails you have chosen in your preferences be that Music, Comedy, Family, Drama etc. We send these once a month.
- An invitation email to our gallery exhibition opening (approximately six times per year) if you’ve chosen Gallery Ezine in your preferences.
- Occasionally we may also send you an additional email highlighting a special offer which we think may be of interest to you based on your existing chosen preferences.
If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
Each e-mail you receive from Draíocht will give you the option to unsubscribe immediately from our e-mail list and you will not receive further correspondence from us. You can, of course, sign back up at any time. When you opt-in you are added to a software system called Mailchimp which Draíocht uses for our email marketing service.Mailchimp also records for us the number of emails that have been opened and which links have been clicked on. This is anonymous reporting which can’t be traced back to individuals.
CCTV in Draíocht
Draíocht uses closed circuit television at our venue. We do this for the purposes of crime prevention, child protection and public safety. The footage is only accessible to authorised members of staff and will only be shared if requested by An Garda Siochana. Our CCTV footage is retained for a maximum of 30 days before deletion.
How Long do we keep your information?
Customer Data on Ticketsolve / Removed after 5 years of Inactivity
Customer Data on Mailchimp / Removed after 5 years of Inactivity
Customer Data on SendMode / Removed after 5 years of Inactivity
Consent Forms / Shredded after 5 years
Photographic Consent Forms / Shredded after 5 years
CCTV footage on Draíocht cameras / Retained for 30 days
Draíocht's Social Media & Commenting Policy
Draíocht has a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and YouTube.Draíocht's Social Media Channels are used to promote our work and those of our colleagues in the arts industry. We also like to have some fun now and then with other (mostly) arts related content from Ireland and around the world as well as competitions for tickets, CDs and Gift Vouchers.
We want our Social Media Channels to be a forum for everyone, where ideas and information are shared, however we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner. We are required to restrict access to our Social Media Channels as necessary to comply with applicable laws; for example Facebook’s Community Standards https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards and our own followers and service users. Therefore we reserve the right to delete content that contains any or all the following:
- Direct threats;
- Terrorist organization associations;
- Bullying and Harassment;
- Criminal activity;
- Attacks on public figures;
- Sexual exploitation;
- Hate Speech;
- Violence or Graphic Content;
- Repetitive Posting
- Fraud and Spam; and/or Infringement of intellectual property.
- Regulated goods;
We reserve the right to remove any content that does not necessarily represent the views of Draiocht. We will remove such content at our absolute discretion. All comments should be respectful and contain language that is appropriate for all groups and ages. Content that is obscene, indecent, defamatory or offensive will be removed. We reserve the right to block users from our Social Media Channels.
If an individual repeatedly violates this Commenting Policy or has undertaken or is undertaking any type of legal proceedings against Draíocht, we reserve the right to block that user from posting on our channels. We encourage all users of our social space to act respectfully to other users and to be active members of this community. We reserve the right to make amendments to this Commenting Policy from time to time. To view content without becoming a fan of Draíocht on Social Media, please go to our website: www.draiocht.ie
Need any help?
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about your privacy.Please email email@example.comYou may also write to us or call us at Draíocht, The Blanchardstown Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Tel: 01-8852622.
Draíocht is a registered Charity (CHY12696).
Our company registration number is 266358.
Our VAT number is IE 8266358C.
Our registered address is: Draíocht, The Blanchardstown Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 RYX6
Responding to the demographic of our area, Draíocht has a particular commitment to working with children and young people aged 0- 18 years. We believe that the welfare of children engaging with us is paramount. We believe in the value of the arts for children. These beliefs commit us to a child-centred approach in providing access to the arts in a safe and stimulating environment where children feel free to be their creative selves, to be protected from harm, listened to and heard.
Working collaboratively with artists of all disciplines, we journey with people of all ages, to enhance their lives through arts events, projects and initiatives both on and off site. We engage and work specifically with children through the following ways:
- Workshops and projects
- As audience members
- Through productions and performances
- Communications via the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Our principles and procedures which should be observed to ensure, as far as possible, that a child is safe from harm, reflect national policy and legislation and are underpinned by Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017, the Tusla Children First - Child Safeguarding Guide 2017, and the Children First Act 2015, along with our unique Children’s Charter, which sets out our promise to the children we serve.
Draíocht’s Relevant Person under the Children First Act 2015 and Designated Liaison Person is:
Sarah Beirne, Children’s & Youth Arts Officer, Draíocht, Blanchardstown Town Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Telephone: +353 1 8098029 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And The Deputy Liaison:
Emer McGowan, Director, Draíocht, Blanchardstown Town Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Telephone: +353 1 8098027 Email: email@example.com
Read our Full Child Safeguarding Statement here
- Latecomers may only be admitted until a suitable break in the performance at the discretion of management.
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase, except in the event of a cancellation by the venue. This includes online donations, which cannot be refunded without a written request (must be received within 14 days of event cancellation refund).
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Use of photographic and recording equipment is not permitted. Mobile phones and pagers must be turned off.
- Management reserves the right to make essential changes to the cast or programme without prior notice.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any performance without prior notice. In this event tickets may be exchanged or refunded to the face value only from the original point of sale.
- Ticketholders enter the venue at their own risk and assume all responsibility for their property.
- Food may not be consumed in the auditorium.
- For attendance at performances, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. While young people between the age of 12 and 18 years are welcome to attend performances unaccompanied, Draíocht cannot accept responsibility for their safety. Certain productions may also have age restrictions and recommendations, which will be clearly outlined and we would ask all patrons to respect these when booking. For further information on age limits please contact the Box Office on 01 8852622.
- Children under 2 go free to performances, unless the performances are specifically aimed at their age range. Please check with Box Office at time of booking for clarification.
- Draíocht's events for Toddlers are designed for one-on-one parent and child time, so one adult and one child, without accompanying siblings. Children must be accompanied at all times. Please respect age ranges when booking, as workshops are designed specifically for different age groups.
- Draíocht Gift Vouchers are valid for 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Education events may from time to time be photographed and filmed in Draíocht for funding, documentation and promotion purposes. We respect your privacy and will always ask you if it's ok that we film/photograph you and the children with you. Please let us know at the time if you don't want to be filmed/photographed and we will give you and/or your group some identifying bands to alert our filmmakers/photographers.