DRAIOCHT UPDATE: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: 29 January 2021
Draíocht is sadly closed to the public again until further notice as the country remains in Level 5 Restrictions from midnight on 24 December 2020. Stay tuned here for further updates.
Our programme of Online Events can be found HERE
Our Artist Support programmes can hopefully continue with all our enhanced protocols and procedures in place shortly.
Keep in Touch
We have two Covid19 Temporary Box Office Phone Numbers, for ticket enquiries, Monday-Friday 10am-6pm:
083-084 7249 / 083-028 9771
Philippa & Cliona are at the end of the phones, happy to assist
or you can email email@example.com
If you need something specific, the best way to contact any of our staff at the moment is by email.
Stay well, stay safe and thank you for your continued support.
We miss you all.
When you Visit Us ...
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of visitors, artists and staff, in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of Covid-19, we have adhered to Government Guidelines and implemented the enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit. Our staff are here to assist you with a safe journey through the venue, so please ask for assistance if necessary.
Please note that we continue to monitor Government Guidelines for developments and will implement any changes in our own protocols as required by same. Updates will be available here on our website.
- Face masks are mandatory in all public areas of the building, including our foyer, galleries and bathrooms. You are welcome to remove face masks once you are seated for a ticketed event.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines. ‘Keep Right’ at all times.
- We will endeavour to keep queues as short as possible & appreciate your patience.
- Please make use of our hand sanitising stations at entry & exit points.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are placed at key points throughout the building.
- We have implemented protective screens at till points.
- Please use contactless card payments where possible. Keypads will be wiped down after each customer.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting throughout the building and staff are taking regular hand-washing breaks.
- We have removed excess furniture from the foyer to limit congestion and dwell time.
- Visitor capacity has been reduced in our Galleries & Auditoria to allow for social distancing.
- We have decommissioned every second toilet and hand basin, to maintain social distancing and increased hygiene protocols in these areas. Toilets are for customer use only.
- Additional signage to promote hand washing and best hygiene practices have been posted throughout the building.
- Additional training and PPE have been provided for all staff.
Attending an Event at Draíocht - Covid 19 Self Screening Questions
If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the 5 questions below, please DO NOT attend the event you've booked for.
Instead, contact our Box Office to discuss options for a Credit Note or Refund, on 01 885 2622 before 1pm on the event day.
In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your party;
- Q1. Had any Covid 19 symptoms, such as a cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness or flu like symptoms?
- Q2. Been diagnosed with a confirmed or suspected Covid 19 infection?
- Q3. Been a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid 19?
- Q4. Returned from another country, not on the safe travel list?
- Q5. Been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
If you've answered 'YES' to any of these questions, please phone Box Office on 01 885 2622.
Full ticket refunds will be available for Cancellation by Venue or Customer Illness in relation to Covid19.
What can you do to help us promote a healthy environment?
We are doing all we can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your experience, please be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines and public health recommendations, which we are referring to daily to update our Guidelines when necessary.
- Know the symptoms: If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit us another time and contact our Box Office to discuss options for a Credit Note or Refund.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Help us promote social distancing by distancing yourself appropriately from others who are not part of your party and do not shake hands or hug.
- Please keep your party together, especially if there are children in your group, to help maintain social distancing with other visitors.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissues safely.
Your support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to providing a safe experience for all our visitors.
We can't wait to see you again.
The Team at Draíocht
Rest assured that if you've booked a ticket for a show, and Draíocht cancels that show because of Covid19, we will be able to offer you the choice of a Full Refund, Moving to Another Date (if we can reschedule that show), or a Draíocht Gift Voucher, for use at a later date.
For updates on show cancellations and re-scheduled dates, stay tuned to our Events page and Blog:
Please be patient with our Box Office staff and be assured that we will be in contact with all audience members as quickly as possible.
If you're on Social Media, come and join us as we keep the content flowing on our FACEBOOK, TWITTER , INSTAGRAM & YOUTUBE channels.