Older Migrant Call Out - Louise White & Draiocht, Blanchardstown
Louise White & Draíocht, Blanchardstown Older Migrant Call Out
- Does your group or organisation provide services to migrant communities in Dublin 15?
- Do you engage elders in those communities?
- Are you interested in working with an experienced artist to provide creative activities for those elders at no cost to your organisation?
Story Work with Older Migrants
Louise White is a theatre artist who works with communities to provide accessible creative activities. She is funded by the Arts Council as part of their ‘Making Great Art Work’ strategy. This supports artists to engage people who may not normally take part in the arts. This means there is no cost to participants.
Blancharsdtown (and its surrounding areas) has a vibrant urban community. It has almost double the national average of migrant populations. Louise is working with Draíocht and Bealtaine Festival to develop ways to invite older migrants to take part in Life Story Workshops. Life-story work offers a means of opening up communication, creating understanding between people from different cultures, and sharing commonalities among neighbours.
- November - December 2019 – Call-out to migrant groups in Dublin 15 area.
- January 2020 – Meeting with potential groups.
- February 2020 – Core group selected.
- March – April 2020 – Weekly 2hr workshop, time & venue TBC.
- May 2020 – Potential participation in Bealtaine Festival 2020 (not compulsory, TBC).
Are you or your group interested in working in this way? Would you like to know more?
Please contact Louise by email: email@example.com
More about Louise:
Louise White is a theatre-maker and facilitator. Her shows have taken place in theatres, arts venues, community halls, decrepit Georgian buildings, psychiatric hospitals and abandoned warehouses. Louise works with real people, stories and events in order to create performances. She has worked with Dublin Youth Theatre, The National Women’s Council of Ireland, The SAOL Project, The Abbeyleix Bog Project and The Lantern Centre’s International Women’s Group among others. Her theatre work includes: This is the Funeral of Your Life(National Tour 2019); Mother You, Way Back Home (winner Spirit of the Fringe), & From The Heart, all for Dublin Fringe Festival.