SEEKING REHEARSAL DIRECTORS FOR HALLELUJAH! A COMMUNITY CLOWN CHOIR
HALLELUJAH! is a community choir. The group will be developed and built in Draíocht Arts Centre over 2013 and aspires to reaching a membership of 100. The main performance programme will be innovative – The M50 Symphony, An Evening Rendition of 100 Green Bottles. There will also be elements of red nose performance in the programme. Hallelujah! is open to anyone regardless of ability. There is no audition process for Hallelujah! The ethos of Hallelujah! is accessibility and artistic excellence.
We are seeking to identify a panel of 4 rehearsal directors to share the responsibility of a weekly choir rehearsals for Hallelujah! for 2013. Rehearsal directors will be expected to work collaboratively with Debra Salem, the Musical Director to deliver creative and inspiring rehearsals. Suitable candidates should be able to read and write music and have good keyboard skills or the ability to play an accompanying instrument (such as guitar).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for agreed blocks of rehearsals with Hallelujah! A Community Choir to bring particular arrangements developed for the group to performance level.
- Lead the group in warm-ups and any other suitable arrangements to build vocal and choral ability.
- Broaden the group’s knowledge of music through participation in the group.
- Ensure a high quality of artistic engagement.
- Develop and lead an inspiring programme with the support of Debra Salem, Musical Director, Veronica Coburn, Artistic/Clown Director and the team in Draíocht.
- At least 2 years experience of innovative practice delivering high quality music projects.
- Experience of working with arts professionals, teachers & other workers in the education and cultural sector, in a music capacity.
- Taken a music group from an initial meeting through to a concert performance.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills & ability to engage with people from a wide range of backgrounds. Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to read and write music.
- Music Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to motivate others
Rehearsals will take place once a week in Draíocht from February 2013.
If interested, please contact:
Emer McGowan, Director, Draíocht, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Tel: 00 353 1 8098027 / Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 10th December, 2012, 5.30pm