Draíocht Blanchardstown is very pleased to be part of Strollers Touring Network - ‘Supporting artists, Developing audiences’
The Strollers Touring Network (STN) comprises of 10 Theatre/Arts Centre venues located across Ireland. It is currently the largest touring network in the country. The network has five key functions:
- To establish a touring network of performance venues across Ireland
- To support/co-produce work for touring (across all artforms)
- To receive touring works from artists and production companies (across all artforms)
- To sustain, develop and nurture our audiences for the performing arts.
- To develop relationships with artists and production companies that we work with.
The 10 venue members and their respective capacities and dimensions are:
|Siamsa Tire, Tralee||(350) W10.5m D11.2m H10.3m|
|Hawkswell, Sligo||(336) W13.2m D8.25m H6m|
|Watergate, Kilkenny||(328) W9.12m D7.88m H12.5m|
|Solstice, Navan||(320) W12m D12m H12m|
|GB Shaw Theatre Carlow||(294) W13.1m D9m H7-10m|
|Draiocht, Blanchardstown||(286) W13.41m D11.58m H13.5m|
|The Source Arts Centre Thurles||(250) W10m D8m H6-8m|
|Belltable, Limerick||(220) W7m D9m H6.75m|
|Riverbank, Newbridge||(180) W7m-11m D4.85m H4.8m|
|Linenhall Arts Centre Castlebar||(144) W9m D6.75m H7.9m|
Strollers Theatre Network operates in two distinct ways:
- The first is a ‘Touring Platform’ providing touring opportunities for companies, producers and artists.
- The second is a ‘Production Award’ (€10,000) to assist companies in making work for touring.
Supported by The Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon