PROPEL is a year-long artist development and mentorship programme for independent theatre makers living and working in Ireland. This programme is produced by the Strollers Network, Ireland’s largest consortium of Arts Centres. The aim of this programme is to strengthen the ecology of the Irish theatre sector by supporting the development of new work by independent theatre makers and by supporting the sustainable development of artistic practice through a structured mentorship and training programme designed and delivered in consultation with the artist or company.
What the programme offers –
- A €20,000 bursary to support the research and development of new work and to cover the cost of ongoing professional development training/mentorship.
- Access to development and rehearsal spaces in 10 Arts Centres across the country.
- Support and mentorship from a panel of experts in producing, fundraising, technical production, dramaturgy, publishing, marketing, finance, cultural entrepreneurship, audience development and engagement, and strategic business development and cultural business management.
- An opportunity to present a work-in-progress performance or showing as part of a major Irish festival.
How to Apply ...
The application process for the programme has been divided into two stages:
Stage 1: A short from application process (Closing date Friday 21st May 2021, 5pm)
Stage 2: Long form application process for artists/companies that have been shortlisted during stage 1 and have been requested by the selection panel to submit a more detailed proposal. Artists/Companies who are not strategically funded will be paid a fee of €100 to complete the stage two application.
The following application is for stage one of this process only.
Please note that the closing date for receipt of your stage 1 application is Friday 21st May 2021, 5pm.
Those who have been selected to submit a long form application with be requested to do so on or before Wednesday the 26th May.
Please note in order to complete this application you will need to attach the following documentation -
- Artist CV, BIO and/or Statement (max 4 pages, in pdf or word format and less the 1mb)
- Example of previous work (A single PDF or Word document with images and/or links to example of previous work, max 4 pages and no more than 10MB in size)
We hope that by offering two different options for completing the main section of this application, via both text and video, that we have managed to make this application process as accessible as possible (see section 2.1 & 2.2). If you require further reasonable adjustment or additional support in completing this application please contact David Francis Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 089205062.
Strollers Network Partners:
Belltable / The Lime Tree Theatre
Hawk's Well Theatre, Sligo
Linenhall Arts Centre
Riverbank Arts Centre
Solstice Arts Centre
The Source Arts Centre
VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art and The George Bernard Shaw Theatre
The Watergate Theatre
Strollers Network is kindly supported by Arts Council Ireland