Last updated: 03 September 2021
In line with new government guidelines, we are delighted to welcome you back to Draíocht from 6th September with an increased audience capacity for ticketed events, from 50 tickets to 60% capacity.
As we move to this new phase of re-opening and to ensure our audiences, artists, art workers and staff, continue to feel safe in our spaces, we ask you to please note the following:
- Masks must continue to be worn while in our venue and during events.
- We will also require patrons to present their Digital Covid Certificates for an EMA Approved Vaccine, HSE Vaccination Record or a COVID-19 Recovery Certificate if you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, and ID on arrival at the venue for ticketed events.
Patrons who are unvaccinated, who do not wish to disclose their vaccination status, or those who feel uncomfortable with the increased capacity, may avail of a full refund or a Draíocht Gift Voucher, for use at a later date.
We will return to full capacity from 22 October 2021.
Our Theatre Bar will also reopen from 22 October 2021.
Our Box Office will make contact with all customers shortly.
Thank you for your continued support.
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of visitors, artists and staff, in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of Covid-19, we have adhered to Government Guidelines and implemented the enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit. Our staff are here to assist you with a safe journey through the venue, so please ask for assistance if necessary.
- Please note that we continue to monitor Government Guidelines for developments and will implement any changes in our own protocols as required by same. Updates will be available here on our website.
- Face masks are mandatory in all public areas of the building, including our foyer, galleries, bathrooms and Auditoria.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines. ‘Keep Right’ at all times.
- We will endeavour to keep queues as short as possible & appreciate your patience.
- Please make use of our hand sanitising stations at entry & exit points.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are placed at key points throughout the building.
- We have implemented protective screens at till points.
- Please use contactless card payments where possible. Keypads will be wiped down after each customer.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting throughout the building and staff are taking regular hand-washing breaks.
- We have removed excess furniture from the foyer to limit congestion and dwell time. Please don't arrive too early for an event.
- Visitor capacity has been reduced in our Galleries & Auditoria to 60% to allow for social distancing.
- We have increased hygiene protocols in our toilets. Toilets are for customer use only.
- Additional signage to promote hand washing and best hygiene practices have been posted throughout the building.
- Additional training and PPE have been provided for all staff.
Attending an Event at Draíocht - Covid 19 Self Screening Questions
If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the 5 questions below, please DO NOT attend the event you've booked for. Instead, contact our Box Office to discuss options for a Credit Note or Refund, on 01 885 2622 before 1pm on the event day.
In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your party;
Q1. Had any Covid 19 symptoms, such as a cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness or flu like symptoms?
Q2. Been diagnosed with a confirmed or suspected Covid 19 infection?
Q3. Been a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of Covid 19?
Q4. Returned from another country, not on the safe travel list?
Q5. Been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
If you've answered 'YES' to any of these questions, please phone Box Office on 01 885 2622.
What can you do to help us promote a healthy environment?
We are doing all we can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your experience, please be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines and public health recommendations, which we are referring to daily to update our Guidelines when necessary.
Know the symptoms: If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit us another time and contact our Box Office to discuss options for a Credit Note or Refund.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Help us promote social distancing by distancing yourself appropriately from others who are not part of your party and do not shake hands or hug.
- Please keep your party together, especially if there are children in your group, to help maintain social distancing with other visitors.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissues safely.
Your support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to providing a safe experience for all our visitors.It’s great to see you again!
The Team at Draíocht
Rest assured that if you've booked a ticket for a show, and Draíocht cancels that show because of Covid19, we will be able to offer you the choice of a Full Refund, Moving to Another Date (if we can reschedule that show), or a Draíocht Gift Voucher, for use at a later date. Please be patient with our Box Office staff and be assured that we will be in contact with all audience members as quickly as possible.